I’m so excited to share with you all an interview I did with Robert Dobbs.
Robert is a singer/songwriter who is fluent in Spanish and English! He can play countless instruments and can mix his own music.
I was given a chance to sit down with Robert (it was an email interview but… lol) and ask him a few questions!
- Have you always known you wanted a career in music or was it a bit unexpected?
It was unexpected. I always loved music, I started playing piano and guitar at a young age, but I never thought that having a career in music was possible for me. I was pursuing a degree in Mechatronics Engineering and Communications in college when I was given the opportunity to be lead vocalist in an established band.
- Who are your biggest music inspirations?
Queen, Nirvana, Muse, Michael Jackson, 30 Seconds To Mars, Coldplay, and Bon Jovi.
- If you aspire to be one of these, who would you be?
Bon Jovi – Even though I’m a solo artist, I’d love to have their longevity. They have had a REALLY long career and are still going strong.
- If you could win any award, what would it be and why?
An Oscar…even though I’m not an actor lol. Just because the selection process seems so arbitrary at times and it’s difficult to win one. Look at Leo…took him years to get one even though he’s a phenomenal actor.
- What is your dream collaboration and why?
There are so many artists that I would love to collaborate with. One of them is Sia because I really like her melodies – they’re catchy but different….refreshing.
- What’s your favorite song to perform live?
Acoustic – Not All Your Fault. With my band – Fight With Fire.
- If you could learn any instrument, what would it be?
Actually I play all the instruments that I need for my music already, but I would love to be technically better on drums.
- What are your top 5 songs at the moment?
Hurricane – 30 Seconds To Mars
Titanium – Sia
Explosions – Ellie Goulding
Happy Song – Bring Me The Horizon
Dead Inside – Muse
- Favorite album of all time? Why?
THIS IS WAR by 30 Seconds to Mars – because it helped me through some tough times in my life.
- What are you looking forward to this year?
I’m looking forward to my fans listening to my new music. I’ve written a lot of new songs in Spanish as well as English. And as a songwriter, I also like to write in different genres – whatever inspires me at the moment is what I write.
- If you could go on tour with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Make sure to check out Robert’s FIGHT WTH FIRE video and learn more about him and find more of his music at http://www.officialrobertdobbs.com/